English as a Second Language
The English as a Second Language (ESL) program offers a variety of options to learn and improve English language skills in-person and online. Classes range from beginning level (the alphabet, letter sounds, and simple words) to advanced (professional and academic vocabulary, grammar, conversations, and writing) level. The ESL program also has mini-courses in pronunciation, conversation, vocabulary and idioms, and computers to provide students short-term options to develop specific skill areas. We offer citizenship courses to prepare students for the U.S. Citizenship exam. Most classes operate on a trimester schedule, and enrollment is open based on class capacity.
Students will learn to:
- Communicate in English.
- Search for and improve employment opportunities.
- Help children with homework and school activities.
- Prepare for academic and career training programs.
- Obtain a high school diploma.
- Prepare for the U.S. Citizenship exam.
- Use email and internet technology.
- Improve their listening, speaking, reading and writing skills.
ESL CLASSES: Focuses on reading, writing, listening, speaking, grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, and technology.
ESL CLASSES FOR PARENTS: Focuses on reading, writing, listening, speaking, grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, technology, parenting, children’s education
- Pronunciation (Open to all levels)
- Conversation (Level 2B and up recommended)
- Vocabulary and Idioms (Level 2B and up recommended)
CITIZENSHIP CLASSES: Prepares students for the U.S. Citizenship test and interview preparation (open to all levels).
- Beginning Low A/B
- Beginning High A/B
- Intermediate Low A/B
- Intermediate High A/B
- Advanced Low
- Conversation (mini-course)
- Pronunciation (mini-course)
- Vocabulary & Idioms (mini-course)